Here you can put your blog’s description, an introduction or maybe a quote. Whatever. Edit about.php and put your own text - not too long.

Right now I just feel like writing about this storm. I really wasn’t expecting it to be as bad as it has turned out to be. My children have been out of school for the whole week, which is bittersweet because as much as I love them I could really use a break from them. It’s difficult to pick up the pieces with them in the way. I am glad that next week will be a full week of school, because of the conditions in Atlantic City there will be no Teachers’ convention this year.

Anyway, the electricity in my apartment has been out since Monday night and we (my husband, 3 children, and I) have been staying with my parents since then. They have electricity, and a generator, but their cable was out. The cable was finally turned back on at about 8:30 Thursday night. So, with the internet and everything restored I feel like a part of the world again.

The damage that this hurricane caused was not really extreme in my area, but it has definitely disrupted many lives. There is lots of damage as a result of downed trees; many traffic lights are out as well. I try to make sure that all driving that I need to do is done before it gets dark. The police in this area are not doing a good job at directing traffic at the busier intersections or blocking the intersections. I saw an 18 wheeler just fly through an intersection like they had the green light; I thank God that the SUV that had been preparing to turn did not get hit.

So, I’m just thankful that my family and loved ones were kept safe and I am praying for those who have lost loved ones and those who are stranded in uncomfortable conditions.

2 Responses to “Hurricane Sandy”

1. missy Says:

I am glad that you and your family are safe. My power had been out for quite some time and when we finally got it back, the cable was still out. I hated being so disconnected from what felt like the whole world!

2. Lori Says:

Unbelievably, my family did not lose power for more than literally a second or two. The lights just flickered. I’m commenting because I thought it was interesting that you felt you were “part of the world again”. It seems Missy had a similar experience. I can’t imagine being cut off like that! But I guess I’m only one fallen branch away from it.