The Blackboard Bulletin
a semi-regular notice of issues and services, brought to you by the Center for Teaching & Learning with Technology
Inline Assignment Grading
If you are tired of downloading and grading 30 papers then uploading the batch and distributing the papers to individual students, this is the solution you’ve been looking for. With inline assignment grading faculty can access, grade and return papers without ever leaving the Blackboard interface.
After reviewing this document you will know how to:
- Access assignments through either the Needs Grading or the Grade Center interfaces
- Identify the grading tools and navigate the inline assignment grading interface
- Use the grade assignment page annotation tools
- Grade assignments anonymously
- Allow additional or multiple attempts
- Summer course shells have been created – if you don’t see your 201325 course please open a ticket with the WPUNJ IT Help Desk, http://www.wpunj.edu/helpdesk/
- Fall course shells will be created in early July
- Course Content Transfer – transfer existing course content to a new semester with this form:
- Course Shell Merges – cross-listed and multi-section courses can be merged into a single shell:
- Activate Course Shells – When students are added to course shells at the beginning of the semester they they’ll only see the courses that have been activated!
Browser Compatibility and Plug-ins
Please review this table to make sure your web browser is compatible with Blackboard 9.1. Mac users should note that Safari is not supported; we recommend Mac users take advantage of the free alternatives Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. http://www.wpunj.edu/bb/bb-browser-plugin.pdf
Hide Unused Course Shells
Is your Bb course module so crowded with unused courses you can’t find the courses you need? Take control of your course module listing!
Center for Teaching & Learning with Technology Educational Opportunities
Online Pedagogy Institute
The institute offers faculty the opportunity to learn some of the practices that make online education unique. Best, it is offered online, offering faculty both the teaching and learning perspectives of distance education.
• July 8 – July 26
Spring/Summer Bb Institute
The Bb institute provides a hands-on immersion workshop designed to help faculty prepare a Blackboard course site to be used to teach an Internet course or supplement a traditional course.
• Summer 2013: August 20 & 21
Roundtables will be offered every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday throughout the semester.
Academic Integrity, Active Learning, Course Design, Effective Online Discussions, Flipping a Class, Motivating Online Learners, New Faculty Technology Orientation, and Web Conferencing.
In addition the CTLT offers one-on-one mentorships in which instructional technologists work one-on-one with faculty to convert traditionally taught class to its online counterpart.
June Bulletin – http://www.wpunj.edu/bb/faculty/bb-bulletin-june-2013.pdf
May Bulletin – http://www.wpunj.edu/bb/faculty/bb-bulletin-may-2013.pdf