Chocolate,Stress & Other Things

February 25, 2013

Oh How Things Have Changed….

Filed under: Uncategorized — fernandezc2 @ 11:35

Sometimes I just sit back and remember the good old days. The days’ when doing my homework was my biggest concern. I didn’t have to worry about going to work, paying bills and etc. Sometimes, I wish I can go back to those days and redo it all over again. I would do things so much better and smarter and try to correct all of my naïve mistakes but the past is the past and that is something we cannot change. What we can do though is try to make a better future for our loved ones and ourselves.

One thing from those care less days are a few rules that from then until now I use everyday, mostly. “Share, put things back the way you found them, clean up your mess, don’t take things that aren’t yours, wash your hands before you eat, flush, hold hands and stick together.” These are just some of the things that I remember and now recall from reading a book from Robert Fulghum. Now sit back and think, how many of these rules do you use daily? Of course these aren’t all of them, but just a few that stuck out to me.

It didn’t really occur to me that these small things we learned back then are our basic rules of life. Even as an adult now I’ve heard people say it, not to just children but other adults also. It’s pretty cool to see now our younger generations learning the same as we did once before.

3 Comments »

1. I completely agree with you. It is a crazy thing to think about that probably the most important life lessons are learned when we are younger. Treat people the way you want to be treated and always finish what you started always stick out to me, because now as adults, these are verryyyyy important.

Comment by siscok5 — March 1, 2013 @ 11:35

2. It was so much easier when we were younger worrying baout who are we goon play with, or what am i wearing tomorrow, rather than is my bill due tomorrow, or that paper or worse exam. Its also fun to see how the kids nowadays remind me when i was a kid learning the same rules and regulations as you mentioned. Its crazy how life is just a big circle that goes round and round. Great Post!

Comment by Jasmin Mohamed — March 6, 2013 @ 11:35

3. I find myself reminiscing about the past oh too often. Oh wow was life so sweet and worries free. Then I didn’t realize how good life was, well life still good, just more priorities. I used to nag anyone that will listen to me and tell them “I can’t wait to be 13; 16; then 18. Now sometimes is just the opposite

Comment by osaigbovos — March 7, 2013 @ 11:35

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL