This week’s blog is solely on the Grammy
Awards. As you all know the Grammy’s happened
over this past weekend, February 9, 2013. If you didn’t get a chance to see it,
no worries, I’ll catch you up on my favorite HIGHLIGHTS!
My Favorite Five Performaces:
5. Taylor Swift- started off the show with a performace of her hot single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” Absolutely loved it! Taylor did amazing as always!
4. Ed Sheeron and Elton John Performing “A-Team”, was such a moving and beautiful performace. They were both so great and their voices blended so well together!
3. Maroon 5 and Alicia keys performing, “Daylight” and “Girl on Fire.” i thought this was a genius duo. Since I love both so much this easily made my top 5 list. Both performaces were so cool, and fun to watch.
2. Rihanna and Mikky Ekko performed thier latest hit “Stay.” Although I am not a big fan of Rihanna, I cannot deny pure talent, their performace was so astonishing. This song is so beautiful too, so as much as I dislike her, l cant help but love this song! She also looked very beautiful as did Mikky Ekko.
1. My number one favorite performace goes to Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z. They performed “Suit and Tie.” Other than the fact the JT looked absolutely gorgeous his performance was so energetic and filled with so much dancing and his voice is so breathtaking especially when he falls to that falsetto. Jay-Z just put the cherry on top for me because I am huge fan of both so I was so excited to see him perform with JT. Easily my favorite performace!
Record of the Year & Best Group Performance: Gotye ft. Kimbra- Somebody That I Used To Know
- I thought this award was well- deserved. This song has been such a big hit, everybody and anybody knows it so congratulations to them!
Album of the Year: Mumford and Sons- Babel
- To be quite honest, I am not a huge fan of Mumford and Sons, so I did not really care for their win, but they are an amazing band so good for them!
Song of the Year & Best New Artist: Fun – We Are Young.
- I was extremely happy that Fun had won these awards, I absolutely love them, and their music. Thier music is so different and unique, I was ecstatic that they won these awards. By the way, ”We are young” is my favorite song from them!
Best Pop Vocal Album: Kelly Clarkson- Stronger
- I’ve been a Kelly Clarkson fan since her American Idol days! Her voice is absolutely amazing, and she is so likeable, its so hard to dislike her. Also her speech was so cute and funny you can’t help but to love her!
Best Country Solo Performace: Carrie Underwood- Blown Away
Carrie Underwood looked absolutely flawless at the Grammy’s. Her dresses were absolutly breathtaking as well as her performace of “Blow Away”, and “Two Cadillac’s.” Her award was so well- deserved!
Those were just a few of my favorite highlights. Other winners included, Franc Ocean, who by the way I LOVE, Jay-Z, Beyonce, The Black Keys, Echoes, of Love, Hot House, Taylor Swift, drafe, and so much more for the entire list of Winners and Nominees go to http://www.grammy.com/nominees
Let me know what you agree or disagree on! Love to hear everyone’s opinions!