Young Adult Valentine’s Day Craft

My name is Jessica Keogh and I am the Craft Coordinator at the public library in my town. I love my job, I organize and execute various crafts for children ages 2-14 and I sometimes run up to four crafts a day. Over the course of the next few weeks I am going to share a few of my craft ideas and stories with you so you can join in on the fun!

At 2:45 during the school week, the library gets flooded with kids from the middle school across the street. In order to keep the peace I schedule various crafts to entertain them. I usually base the craft on holidays or seasons,  the craft this week was Valentine’s Day themed so we made Valentine’s cards to give to friends. The kids used all sorts of supplies including: card stock, sequins, rubber stamps, ribbon, and the ever-pleasing glitter glue. After the kids made their cards I surprised them with a special craft treat!

Everyone was allowed to make two of these cute tootsie pop butterflies! They were super simple, the pattern for the wings can be found at Skip To My Lou. I just printed the patterns onto various shades of pink card stock, cut them out and decorated. I think my favorite part about this craft (besides how easy the prep was!) was the adorable wiggle eyes with eyelashes…so cute!