Appreciation

I know I like feeling appreciated, but unfortunately society seems to have gotten out of the trend of appreciating the good people do. Ever heard the saying, “you do not appreciate something until it is lost?” Well, I have seen many different scenarios where people around me continue to use and use people without appreciating them. Eventually, the generous people will get sick and tired of not being appreciated and stop their generousity. The users all of a sudden realize they have lost something which could have easily been kept if they only appreciated the giver.

These appreciative actions can include a simple “thank you” or “I really appreciate it.” A simple sentence which takes maybe 1-3 seconds to say makes a person feel appreciated. But I receive more silence from the users than I receive a simple “thank you.” So what do I do? I stop being generous and lose relationships over something so simple. Society has gotten so ignorant and selfish and this is a huge problem. Let’s change the society. Having even one more person a day be selfless and thoughtful will be the beginning of a better world.

2 thoughts on “Appreciation

1. One of my favorite quotes I recently heard is “how can this generation learn manners if they aren’t seeing them” (it was something like that). The parents of these kids are not polite, in most cases, causing the kids to not know that they should say please and thank you among other things. It is a taught habbit and no one is teaching anymore. At the school I work at one teacher always tells her class to have a great lunch. Out of a class of 24 students only 3 or 4 will say “you too” “have a great lunch” “thank you” the rest will keep walking and ignore her.

2. I love your post. I can relate to the T. In my cause I’m usually the overly kind person that everyone goes to when they need something. And even once they let me down. I forgive easy and the cycle repeats. This is something I need to work on. I feel much unappreciated for what I don’t have to be doing for people. Feel like people run all over me and use me and I let them. I let my cousin borrow some money, I didn’t have to give, she Said, she would return it within two weeks, it’s now a month later and just refuse to ask for my money back. I feel like I shouldn’t have to. I’m also starting to realize I only hear from here when she needs something. Hmm!