I know I like feeling appreciated, but unfortunately society seems to have gotten out of the trend of appreciating the good people do. Ever heard the saying, “you do not appreciate something until it is lost?” Well, I have seen many different scenarios where people around me continue to use and use people without appreciating them. Eventually, the generous people will get sick and tired of not being appreciated and stop their generousity. The users all of a sudden realize they have lost something which could have easily been kept if they only appreciated the giver.

These appreciative actions can include a simple “thank you” or “I really appreciate it.” A simple sentence which takes maybe 1-3 seconds to say makes a person feel appreciated. But I receive more silence from the users than I receive a simple “thank you.” So what do I do? I stop being generous and lose relationships over something so simple. Society has gotten so ignorant and selfish and this is a huge problem. Let’s change the society. Having even one more person a day be selfless and thoughtful will be the beginning of a better world.